Monday, June 6, 2011

7 more Years

So today started like shit.  I woke up late.  I had nothing to wear.  I arrived tardy to work only to find a major crisis.  Boo.

Luckily, I had scheduled an appointment with a new counselor who would console and understand me.  I drive downtown and confused by the one way streets get lost.  I find the building and the only parking is on the street.  Parallel parking.  Everyone knows I can not parallel park.  Another reason it eats shit to drive in Seattle.

So I find a "near" by parking lot.  12$ for less than an hour.  No elevator.  No stairs.  5th floor in heels, then straight up 3 blocks.  I obviously arrived late.  It was immediately apparent that we were not a good match and agreed to not work together.  I left feeling defeated and trudged back to my car.

My car which I smashed the driver side mirror in a tearful attempt to back up a steep hill and deposit a stupid token in a box.  A smart girl would have put the car in park, climbed out the passenger walked the 50 steps up the hill, deposited and left. But obviously I am not that girl.

Nearly 500$ for a new mirror and instillation.  It's not possible to drive here missing a side view mirror.People drive like utter and complete morons, causing me to be in a constant state of what would not even begin to be described as panic.  So, it's fixed tomorrow am and I pray they don't cash the check for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. I think after all you've been through you are entitled to some good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice in the sand box or I'll smack you in the face with a shovel.

 
Designed by Lena