Monday, December 15, 2008

Peyton's AARP Card


Dear Peyton,
I know you wished to be 71 one years old this birthday-but you will have to settle for 7. I'm not sure what about 71 is so magical to you. You say that you will know everything then. God knows your quest for knowledge is amazing...but I wish you weren't in such a hurry to grow up. I want you to stay my little boy for as long as you can. To enjoy playing in the warm sun and reading books in my lap. Even in sleep I can see your face wrinkled in thought. Trying to wrap your mind around concepts that a child should not be concerned with. You are an old soul. With an ability to read people and relationships that many adults have not mastered. Your social concious is heart warming...but worrisome that you internalize so much of it. I see great things ahead of you...long before you are 71.
I love you.
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. I swear to gawd at my last 5 birthdays, I just wanted to be 65. THEN there'd be a reason for the damned broken body, the forgetfulness and a light at the MUCH SHORTER tunnel.

    Peyton is just miles ahead of the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Hyphen Mama. Where did I get all those aches and pains???

    Happy Birthday to Peyton... kind a belated. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, Peyton is so cute. He seems like such a sweet boy. Happy bday to him! ANd happy birthing day to you!

    ReplyDelete

Play nice in the sand box or I'll smack you in the face with a shovel.

 
Designed by Lena