Monday, November 12, 2007

Rah Rah Sis Boom BLAH

I am not now, nor have I ever been cheerleader material. In high school I was not a cheerleader nor was I friends with any. While others were at the pep rally I was making out with a substitute teacher. I went to football games to drink and socialize. Cheer for my school? I think not. I do not walk around with a perpetual plastic grin on my face. I am not peppy. I am prone to melancholy but this does not mean that I am an unhappy person. Life is swell...really. I just don't feel the need to announce it to the world. So when you see me please don't say "Smile, it could be worse!" How do you know it isn't worse??? Maybe today is the day that: my house burned down, my dog got rabies, my husband left to join the circus, my son announced he was gay, my grandmother went in to the nursing home and I actually weighed myself. Now leave me alone or I'll give you something to smile about :)

5 comments:

  1. you just did... give me something to smile about. you have a remarkable way with words!!! have a good night, but don't smile to hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile - too cute!! See ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully that substitute teacher was hot! Tell me more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you're my kind of peeps. We totally would have gotten along in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. michelle...oh he was hot and he could buy beer oh and give me an A

    ReplyDelete

Play nice in the sand box or I'll smack you in the face with a shovel.

 
Designed by Lena